Saturday, March 8, 2014

Great tips


This post stems from a few posts I have seen where sellers are astounded at others perspex suppliers being featured in thousands of treasuries. I was going to post IN a recent thread but I thought the advice deserved it’s own post.
Everyone here should NOT feel like small potatoes for only being in a few treasuries. We all start somewhere! There are unlimited treasuries now so the potential for how many treasuries you can end up in is infinity!
1. of course, great pictures. Set a mood with your photo, if you had a store front, how would you stage the front window? perspex suppliers That is what you want to reflect in your shop pictures, of course with out being cluttered.
I sell wire wrapped jewelry. As do A WHOLE LOT of other jewelry sellers on Etsy. I love what I make of course, am obsessed with making it and I do like to run it as a business for profit as well. That is why I am here on etsy selling it instead of piling it on my bed and rolling around in it a la The Proposal or whatever that movie was. My category is swamped. But guess what? I don’t let that get me down, I just try to do the best that I can do in my shop.
3. Network. Especially network with other people who love to make treasuries. At the heart of the treasury is people loving perspex suppliers to curate lists. perspex suppliers Be it through your favorites, a challenge through a team, etc. It is a challenging yet fun experience. It can fulfill your need for window shopping and artistic expression as well!
Network by joining a team, START a team! Twitter, perspex suppliers Facebook. I have made so many FRIENDS through teams, such good friends, I could go stay with them overnight and sleep at their houses w/o worrying they would be a psycho killer even though I know them only through the internet. perspex suppliers
DON’T tag your hot pink item “earth tones!” lol. But you know what else is hot on Etsy during spring and summer though? NEON< FLUORESCENT< tag your hot pink item with those terms.
10. When someone notifies you they featured you in a treasury, perspex suppliers ALWAYS go comment on it. They took the time to make it, and it is an honor to have your item included, whether you are in one treasury or in thousands.
I am one of those people who are in THOUSANDS of treasuries. perspex suppliers I do not know any admin personally, but I have been selling on Etsy for 2 years and networking and making friends for the same time while listing hundreds of items and keeping in mind merchandising themes in my tags. I do all of the above and I know that if you do all of the above too you WILL be in thousands of treasuries faster perspex suppliers than you think.
Thanks for helping to understand the importance perspex suppliers of the treasuries a little more. I will try to follow you advice and do at least one a week. Thanks for the post, too.
September 7, 2010 at 5:52 AM
Reply
Really good common sense approach to getting “out” perspex suppliers there, making potentially viable FP TE’s too! I love color, texture, and having perspex suppliers fun…and that’s what I often will show in my treasuries. I agree, Jen, curating and getting great artists to the FP is addicting.
Great tips…I’m not on Etsy, but I buy FREQUENTLY from Etsy I feel that many of these tips spill over as great general advice for connecting perspex suppliers and getting involved with the creative community!
Erin
Thanks for sharing these tips … will keep plugging away at making treasuries. I’m kinda obsessed by making them. Such fun, such a great way to meet all the artists and having a look at what they do. Thanks again!
It was surprising how many people thought the sellers perspex suppliers were notified perspex suppliers as a matter of course. I guess now with the aid of the fab new activity feed, they are, but not everyone is paying perspex suppliers attention to that yet.
It’s a bit of work to convo 16 sellers but I reckon the rewards perspex suppliers are worth it. I’ve made some great connections with people after letting them know via convo that I’ve featured one of their items in a treasury.
Further to paying it back and forward, I’ve done three “I Heart You Back” treasuries now, featuring other sellers who hearted my little shop and the response from them has been awesome.
I don’t perspex suppliers do treasuries nearly enough, but I agree that notifying the sellers is important. I have a template perspex suppliers that I use – add in the treasury’s address, and cut-and-paste it into the convos to the sellers. Keeps it easy, and keeps them in the loop.
Colleen
I’ve recently discovered how fun making treasuries can be! I’d also like to say that if you’re in a treasury, stop by & comment, thank the curator & definitely perspex suppliers spread the news, it’s the best form of advertising. I like to let anyone featured in one of my treasuries know about the feature. Many respond, but I’m often surprised at those that don’t. It’s great advertising, not just for the treasury, but especially perspex suppliers for those featured & if there’s

No comments:

Post a Comment